Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of CalW's message #11260859 « Easy OM-D question driving me nuts »

CalW
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Easy OM-D question driving me nuts

A bit more clarification. Although the two-second timer gives camera and tripod shake time to disipate it does not help with shutter shock, because the timer delay occurs before the first curtain shutter closure. The anti-shock delay occurs between first curtain shutter closure and first curtain shutter opening, allowing shock from the closure to dissipate. And if both are used the anti-shock delay adds to the two-second timer to further allow camera/tripod shake dissipation. Or, if a longer anti-shock delay is used without the two-second timer, it can by itself allow dissipation of both sources of shake. This is a very good thing in the case of sequential mode because as Bobby says above the two-second timer and sequential mode are mutually exclusive. And I agree with Bobby that because the two-second delay and sequential mode are mutually exclusive, the two-second delay probably must be replaced by a remote shutter control to obtain a long enough camera/tripod settling time with minimal impact to frame rate. Clearly Olympus engineers understood that there was a need when they implemented the anti-shock delay. Unfortunately though, as with everything in photography, there is a price to pay - in this case a lower frame rate, and even more difficulty in trying to track moving targets. But back to the original post - this is a solution allowing use of sequential mode with bracketing and shake reduction for stationary targets. (The second curtain closing and opening of the shutter have limited implications here on shake, because they occur after exposure, but they do reduce the frame rate.)

Jan 11, 2013 at 06:53 PM

Previous versions of CalW's message #11260859 « Easy OM-D question driving me nuts »