Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Frank_Maiello's message #11255495 « Sigma 35mm f1.4 DG. WOW WOW WOW »

Frank_Maiello
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Sigma 35mm f1.4 DG. WOW WOW WOW

ct8282 wrote:
I saw a thread where that was discussed. In all fairness I really can't see where onion bokeh would affect an image. I think onion bokeh is a term made up by photographers to define a bokeh phenomena that would only ever bother pixel peeping photographers. Would a client ever notice onion bokeh?

Anyhow, my only criticism of this lens is the lack of weather sealing on the lens mount. Real shame they didn't add a seal but would I pay an extra 500 for a little rubber piece on the mount (i.e buy he Nikon version)? Err nope.

It definitely is not a "made up" term, they're Newton's rings. In my past experience with the Nikon 17-55 f/2.8, it was quite apparent and unattractive, but only in very unique situations. Chiefly, it became evident when close focus was combined with distant points of light against a dark background. Normally (99.9% of the time) it wasn't an problem, but it was an unfortunate trait nonetheless.

Jan 09, 2013 at 07:23 PM

Previous versions of Frank_Maiello's message #11255495 « Sigma 35mm f1.4 DG. WOW WOW WOW »