Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of donrisi's message #11246165 « Wedding Photographer? Ya' okay! WTF? »

donrisi
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Wedding Photographer? Ya' okay! WTF?

russdenney01 wrote:
I'm really weird like that...I tend to find the posed photos and things that are "built for the purposes of photography" not really art. I even include much of my own work in this "not art" definition.

For me, true art lies in the candid, the unplanned, and the unexpected things that are captured in their state of nature...much harder to come across for sure...

A wise man once told me the true definition of "Art:" Anything another person will pay for. Hopefully, pay a lot for.

One of the most amazing photos I've ever seen was a portrait of a bride. Was it art? Darn right it was, by any definition.

Don't limit yourself in your definitions. Allow yourself to expand that definition, and you'll find a whole new world of challenges opening up to you.

Jan 06, 2013 at 03:07 PM

Previous versions of donrisi's message #11246165 « Wedding Photographer? Ya' okay! WTF? »