Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11244169 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

rafaelcasd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
James Markus wrote:
Wow...Bravo to all of you! I couldn't even take time to read this thread...only skimmed the photos - OVER THE LAST THREE DAYS. There are a ton of great images over the last 80 some pages. Here is an image I took Christmas eve with my new to me - $82 dollar - minty, Nikkor 35mm f2.0 AI

Happy New Year!

Congrats James for the new lens at a very good price. Beautiful first image.

By the way, have you or anyone over here any idea of how the 35/2 AI or AIS compare with 35/1.4 AI/AIS specifically at f2?

I have both in AIS guise, at f/2.0 to my eyes: the 35 1.4 has flatter field and is sharper at longer distances, the 35 2 is better at short distances, and shows less aberration on bright lights. Both are good lenses at 2.0. from 2.8 on the 1.4 is better, more even performance across the frame. If price is a consideration I would get the 2.0. If 1.4 is wanted, the 1.4 is a competent performer at full aperrture as long as no lights are in the frame. Here is a comparison for landscape, similar photo at F2 on both lenses.
These are full size on flickr

35mm f2 at f2 D800

nikon nikkor 35mm 2.0 at 2.0 D800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

35mm f1.4 at f2 D800

nikon nikkor 35mm 1.4 at 2.0 D800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

35mm f2 at f 2, didn't have a comparable for the 1.4.

nikon nikkor 35mm 2.0 at 2.0 D3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Jan 05, 2013 at 09:08 PM
rafaelcasd

asiostygius wrote:
James Markus wrote:
Wow...Bravo to all of you! I couldn't even take time to read this thread...only skimmed the photos - OVER THE LAST THREE DAYS. There are a ton of great images over the last 80 some pages. Here is an image I took Christmas eve with my new to me - $82 dollar - minty, Nikkor 35mm f2.0 AI

Happy New Year!

By the way, have you or anyone over here any idea of how the 35/2 AI or AIS compare with 35/1.4 AI/AIS specifically at f2?

I have both in AIS guise, at f/2.0 both to my eyes: the 35 1.4 has flatter field and is sharper at longer distances, the 35 2 is better at short distances, and shows less aberration on bright lights. Both are good lenses at 2.0. from 2.8 on the 1.4 is better, more even performance across the frame. If price is a consideration I would get the 2.0. If 1.4 is wanted, the 1.4 is a competent performer at full aperrture as long as no lights are in the frame. Here is a comparison for landscape, similar photo at F2 on both lenses.
These are full size on flickr

35mm f2 at f2 D800

nikon nikkor 35mm 2.0 at 2.0 D800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

35mm f1.4 at f2 D800

nikon nikkor 35mm 1.4 at 2.0 D800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

35mm f2 at f 2, didn't have a comparable for the 1.4.

nikon nikkor 35mm 2.0 at 2.0 D3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Jan 05, 2013 at 09:07 PM
rafaelcasd

asiostygius wrote:
James Markus wrote:

Happy New Year!

I have both in AIS guise, at f/2.0 both to my eyes: the 35 1.4 has flatter field and is sharper at longer distances, the 35 2 is better at short distances, and shows less aberration on bright lights. Both are good lenses at 2.0. from 2.8 on the 1.4 is better, more even performance across the frame. If price is a consideration I would get the 2.0. If 1.4 is wanted, the 1.4 is a competent performer at full aperrture as long as no lights are in the frame.

Jan 05, 2013 at 07:34 PM

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11244169 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »