Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of TheWengler's message #11242493 « Patagonia - Part 1 »

TheWengler
Upload & Sell: Off
Patagonia - Part 1

Part 2
Part 3

Around late November I spent 2 weeks photographing a small area of Patagonia around Fitz Roy. It was my first international photo trip and only the 2nd time I\'d been backpacking. Plenty of challenges and rewards. The weather played lots of games with me and I ended up needing every last day to get the shots I was after. C&C appreciated! Thanks for looking

1) This one is my personal favorite from the trip. It was our fourth trip up to Laguna de los Tres (frozen over here). On our second to last morning we finally saw the morning light hit Fitz Roy.

Laguna de los Tres by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr

2) One evening the clouds didn\'t look like they\'d amount to much. Due to the 9:30 sunset and the 2:30 wake up time I was about to go to bed before dark. Fortunately my wife informed me I might want to take a look at the skies as I was taking off my boots to climb in the tent. I was able to scramble to find this composition before the light faded.

Untitled by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr

3) Not much to say about this one. Another nice sunset near camp.

Rio Blanco by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr

4) This was our first attempt to hike to Laguna de los Tres for sunrise. Due to the lack of visibility in that direction I decided to cut the hike short and wait for sunrise at this spot. It snowed on our hike into this area the previous day and it continued to snow into the evening. By early afternoon all of this snow was gone.

Loma de las Pizarras by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr

Jan 24, 2013 at 09:16 PM
TheWengler
Patagonia - Part 1

Part 2

Around late November I spent 2 weeks photographing a small area of Patagonia around Fitz Roy. It was my first international photo trip and only the 2nd time I\'d been backpacking. Plenty of challenges and rewards. The weather played lots of games with me and I ended up needing every last day to get the shots I was after. C&C appreciated! Thanks for looking

1) This one is my personal favorite from the trip. It was our fourth trip up to Laguna de los Tres (frozen over here). On our second to last morning we finally saw the morning light hit Fitz Roy.

2) One evening the clouds didn\'t look like they\'d amount to much. Due to the 9:30 sunset and the 2:30 wake up time I was about to go to bed before dark. Fortunately my wife informed me I might want to take a look at the skies as I was taking off my boots to climb in the tent. I was able to scramble to find this composition before the light faded.

4) This was our first attempt to hike to Laguna de los Tres for sunrise. Due to the lack of visibility in that direction I decided to cut the hike short and wait for sunrise at this spot. It snowed on our hike into this area the previous day and it continued to snow into the evening. By early afternoon all of this snow was gone.

Jan 09, 2013 at 07:22 PM
TheWengler
Patagonia - Part 1

Loma de las Pizarras by Lukas Wenger Photography, on FlickrPart 2Part 2

Jan 09, 2013 at 07:21 PM
TheWengler
Patagonia - Part 1

Loma de las Pizarras by Lukas Wenger Photography, on FlickrPart 2

Jan 09, 2013 at 07:20 PM
TheWengler
Patagonia - Part 1

Jan 05, 2013 at 01:45 AM
TheWengler
Patagonia - Part 1

Jan 04, 2013 at 08:23 PM

Previous versions of TheWengler's message #11242493 « Patagonia - Part 1 »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.