Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of z06jim's message #11236179 « Kayaking Sanibel Island New Years Day »

z06jim
Upload & Sell: Off
Kayaking Sanibel Island New Years Day

I've decided to give the kayak thing a try with this being my first attempt at it yesterday.
I defiantly have new found respect for those on here that use this method for capturing birds. Being a kayaking newbie and having to deal with the very unstable platform (at least in my unskilled case) made for quite a challenge to stay locked on the birds.
Of course I would have to pick a windy day out in the middle of a fairly large body of water for the maiden voyage...
Sure was a lot of fun though and will defiantly be trying it a lot more in the future....
All taken on 'Tarpon Bay' at Sanibel Island, FL with my Canon 1DIII & EF 70-200 w/ 2X Extender except the first pic was with my iphone.

Jan 02, 2013 at 11:14 PM
z06jim

I've decided to give the kayak thing a try with this being my first attempt at it yesterday.
I defiantly have new found respect for those on here that use this method for capturing birds. Being a kayaking newbie and having to deal with the very unstable platform (at least in my unskilled case) made for quite a challenge to stay locked on the birds.
Of course I would have to pick a windy day out in the middle of a fairly large body of water for the maiden voyage...
Sure was a lot of fun though and will defiantly be trying it a lot more in the future....
All taken on 'Tarpon Bay' at Sanibel Island, FL with my Canon 1DIII & EF 70-200 w/ 2X Extender except the first pic was with my iphone.

Jan 02, 2013 at 10:48 PM
z06jim

Jan 02, 2013 at 10:47 PM
z06jim

All taken on 'Tarpon Bay' at Sanibel Island with my Canon 1DIII & EF 70-200 w/ 2X Extender except the first pic was with my iphone.

Jan 02, 2013 at 10:00 PM
z06jim

Of course I would have to pick a windy day out in the middle of a fairly large body of water for the maiden voyage.
Sure was a lot of fun though and will defiantly be trying it a lot more in the future.
All taken on 'Tarpon Bay' at Sanibel Island with my Canon 1DIII & EF 70-200 w/ 2X Extender except the first pic was with my iphone.

Jan 02, 2013 at 09:52 PM

Previous versions of z06jim's message #11236179 « Kayaking Sanibel Island New Years Day »