Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of StillFingerz's message #11232898 « How many 6D owners using WiFi? »

StillFingerz
Upload & Sell: On
Re: How many 6D owners using WiFi?

mikegrados wrote:
CW100 wrote:
mikegrados wrote:
Besides the novelty of new (for me) tech, I've used it after my family portrait sessions. I will pair a tablet to the camera, and have the family cycle through their photos, giving me feedback on which ones they like...which then helps in the culling process. It was a big hit!

so you can transfer pics to a tablet ?

You can transfer images to a tablet, but the way I used it was to simply use the tablet to review the photos that were on the card in the camera. Much like pressing the review button, you can view the image, rate them, delete them, etc. Review is at a lower resolution that what was captured, which speeds up the communication between the devices, but still transfers plenty of data for you to be able to tell if you 'got the shot.'

Watch this demo closely, you can do an in-camera embedded jpeg review; not transferring any files between devices; nothing is stored to the phone/tablet, they are just used as a viewer kind of like like the liveview screen.

Except this viewer is used after-the-shot and they've added touch/pinch to the viewing features so you can move an image around to view the edges or any area, and zoom in and out; pixel peep. The app seems to be quite a simple design, one that might be enhanced later in a future release, but quite useful now.

Canon 6D remote-controlled via WiFi-connected smartphone!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJeCIuPf7lo

Jan 01, 2013 at 06:05 PM
StillFingerz
Upload & Sell: On
Re: How many 6D owners using WiFi?

mikegrados wrote:
CW100 wrote:
mikegrados wrote:
Besides the novelty of new (for me) tech, I've used it after my family portrait sessions. I will pair a tablet to the camera, and have the family cycle through their photos, giving me feedback on which ones they like...which then helps in the culling process. It was a big hit!

so you can transfer pics to a tablet ?

You can transfer images to a tablet, but the way I used it was to simply use the tablet to review the photos that were on the card in the camera. Much like pressing the review button, you can view the image, rate them, delete them, etc. Review is at a lower resolution that what was captured, which speeds up the communication between the devices, but still transfers plenty of data for you to be able to tell if you 'got the shot.'

Watch this demo closely, you can do an in-camera embedded jpeg review; not transferring any files between devices; nothing is stored to the phone/tablet, they are just used as a viewer like the liveview screen. except it's after-the-shot and they've added touch/pinch to the viewing feature so you can move an image around to view the edges and likee, an/or zoom in and out; pixel peep. The app seems to be quite a simple design, one that might be enhanced later in a future release, but quite useful now.

Canon 6D remote-controlled via WiFi-connected smartphone!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJeCIuPf7lo

Jan 01, 2013 at 06:03 PM

Previous versions of StillFingerz's message #11232898 « How many 6D owners using WiFi? »