Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of CalW's message #11227919 « Just one of those dilemas. 7D vs OM-D for specific use. »

CalW
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Just one of those dilemas. 7D vs OM-D for specific use.

I have two E-M5 cameras and I have none of the problems you describe. All of the advise above is good, but I will add in priority order:
(1) I doubt very much it is you! Be positive - the problem can be fixed!
(2) Try another lens - beg, borrow, visit a store, rent or whatever it takes. You have to isolate the problem. The kit lens isn't really great, but is not as bad as what you appear to be seeing.
(3) If you know anyone else with an E-M5, get together and go through the menus - it may well be that some obscure settings are incorrect. I have done myself in a couple of times!
(4) If the problem persists with any other lens, call Olympus support right away. I have not had the need to call them, but all experience I have heard has been positive. Because of the "blank shot" issue, I am betting on a shutter problem - I know of several early release cameras that had similar problems, particularly at high shutter speeds. The owners had new cameras within a week of shipping theirs to the Olympus service center.
(5) Give Olympus a chance - the E-M5 is a great camera.

Dec 30, 2012 at 07:38 PM

Previous versions of CalW's message #11227919 « Just one of those dilemas. 7D vs OM-D for specific use. »