Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #11220978 « Upload Image Size »

Bifurcator
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Upload Image Size

Martin Hack wrote:
I think it's 640 Pixels on the longer side.

There is no limit! Which is why I'm here at all! THANK GOD FOR ADMINS WHO TREAT US LIKE ADULTS!!!
OTOH if you upload larger than 1600 then it automatically resizes it for you - and it used to give you the click-option to zoom on those images which were resized. I'm not sure if it still does in some cases or not tho I think it does in the Buy&Sell forum which additionally has a smaller limit.

Linked to from my own servers. - 1650 x 768

In the same breath however you should use self-control! If the image doesn't need to be huge then scale it appropriately. A poll thread about 6 to 8 months ago showed that the vast majority of users here liked images at 1200px when in landscape orientation and I don't remember what it was for portrait orientation - but for me that's about 900 or 950 (longest side).

Dec 27, 2012 at 08:34 PM
Bifurcator

Martin Hack wrote:

There is no limit! Which is why I'm here at all! THANK GOD FOR ADMINS WHO TREAT US LIKE ADULTS!!!
OTOH if you upload larger than 1600 then it automatically resizes it for you - and it used to give you the click-option to zoom on those images which were resized. I'm not sure if it still does in some cases or not.

In the same breath however you should use self-control! If the image doesn't need to be huge then scale it appropriately. A poll thread about 6 to 8 months ago showed that the vast majority of users here liked images at 1200px when in landscape orientation and I don't remember what it was for portrait orientation - but for me that's about 900 or 950 (longest side).

Dec 27, 2012 at 08:30 PM
Bifurcator

Martin Hack wrote:

OTOH if you upload larger than 1600 then it automatically resizes it for you - and is used to give you the option to zoom on those images which were resized. I'm not sure if it still does in some cases or not.

Dec 27, 2012 at 08:13 PM

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #11220978 « Upload Image Size »