Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of sculptormic's message #11215360 « Sigma DP2 Merrill: Have any of you tried it? »

sculptormic
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Sigma DP2 Merrill: Have any of you tried it?

Tariq Gibran wrote:
sculptormic wrote:
Tariq Gibran wrote:
Yeah, the DP Merrills are the sort of tools that separate the boys from the men!

How do you mean

Just in reference to the whining by Chris in The Camera Store video review posted above. I know a lot of that was him just playing devils advocate, but it's just funny - and annoying- to hear all the minor complaints given the ultimate image quality the DP Merrill's are capable of at base ISO in the right hands.

By the way, there is a rumor of a FF Foveon coming next year. Given that the DP Merrills surpass conventional bayer FF 24MP sensors and are very close to the best 36MP sensors at base ISO, a FF Foveon could be amazing.

http://photorumors.com/2012/12/22/impress-magazine-2013-predictions-new-foveon-x-trans-sensors-nex-camera-all-full-frame/#more-36650

Oh oké, got you!
A FF Foveon would be really fantastic! All those wishes one has, I am getting impatient
The existing little sensor is already amizing.

Dec 24, 2012 at 09:38 PM

Previous versions of sculptormic's message #11215360 « Sigma DP2 Merrill: Have any of you tried it? »