Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RichardLavigne's message #11213082 « New Business vs. Old »

RichardLavigne
Upload & Sell: On
Re: New Business vs. Old

75% of our jobs over this past year and the coming year are from referrals... that number does not include referrals from other photographers, other vendors, venues or outside sources... I know that at least 2 of our couples from last year were referred by people who inquired with us for their own wedding, but we were already booked and we had to turn them away. Obviously, they ultimately hired someone else, but they still referred us to their friends. IMO, that is a major fail on the part of whoever shot their wedding.

If you are an established business... i.e. been doing this for at least 3-4 years and you're only getting 10-15% referrals, I think you really need to re-evaluate how you interact with your couples... you're losing a viable revenue stream.

Dec 24, 2012 at 05:15 AM
RichardLavigne
Upload & Sell: On
Re: New Business vs. Old

75% of our jobs over this past year and the coming year are from referrals... that number does not include referrals from other photographers, other vendors, venues or outside sources... I know that at least 2 of our couples from last year were referred by people who inquired with us for their own wedding, but we were already booked and we had to turn them away. Obviously, they ultimately hired someone else, but they still referred us to their friends. IMO, that is a major fail.

If you are an established business... i.e. been doing this for at least 3-4 years and you're only getting 10-15% referrals, I think you really need to re-evaluate how you interact with your couples... you're losing a viable revenue stream.

Dec 23, 2012 at 07:44 PM

Previous versions of RichardLavigne's message #11213082 « New Business vs. Old »