Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of wiseguy010's message #11205633 « Zeiss 15mm support group? »

wiseguy010
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Zeiss 15mm support group?

twoeye wrote:
While my Distagon 21mm is more or less sharp from corner to corner allready wide open, my copy of the 15mm must be closed down to f8 or f11 to reach reasonable sharpness in the corners. All corners are equally (un)sharp, but center sharpness holds up well almost to the far corner/ edge where sharpness fall-off is rather steep.

I would be very interested in knowing if this is in line with your experience with the Distagon 15mm. I could post some test shots if necessary.

When I look at your picture I only see a little bit less sharpness in the extreme corners. I don't think this is a problem in real world photography.

Examples from Lloyd Chambers show good sharpness in the corners starting at F8 and at F11 it is very good in my opinion.

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:38 AM
wiseguy010
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Zeiss 15mm support group?

twoeye wrote:
While my Distagon 21mm is more or less sharp from corner to corner allready wide open, my copy of the 15mm must be closed down to f8 or f11 to reach reasonable sharpness in the corners. All corners are equally (un)sharp, but center sharpness holds up well almost to the far corner/ edge where sharpness fall-off is rather steep.

I would be very interested in knowing if this is in line with your experience with the Distagon 15mm. I could post some test shots if necessary.

When I look at your picture I only see a little bit less sharpness in the extreme corners. I don't think this is a problem in real world photography.

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Previous versions of wiseguy010's message #11205633 « Zeiss 15mm support group? »