Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of ulmer's message #11202428 « Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 IS - any examples? »

ulmer
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 IS - any examples?

Mine just arrived today! I really have nothing worth showing but I\'ve taken a few test pictures indoors and the lens is looking pretty nice.

It\'s decently sharp in the center at f2 and the corners are somewhat soft but not horrible by any means. I already sold my old 35mm f2 so it\'s hard to compare. It\'s like to say it\'s a bit better, but not a huge difference. At f2.8 the center gets noticeably sharper still and the corners improve a bit.

It vignettes a lot at f2. Improving noticeably at f2.8. Lightroom\'s lens correction for the old 35mm f2 removed most of it, but not all. I think it\'s worse than the old lens in this respect, but it\'s easy to fix after the fact if you don\'t want it.

IS seems to work well. It\'s harder to tell in these shorter focal length lenses.

Autofocus is what you\'d expect for a modern Canon USM lens. Nice and fast and silent. A very welcome difference vs the old 35mm lens if you\'ve ever used one.

Here\'s a size comparison. It\'s pretty big.

Dec 18, 2012 at 07:57 PM

Previous versions of ulmer's message #11202428 « Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 IS - any examples? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.