Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Takira71A's message #11200677 « How sharp is the Oly 75mm f/1.8 Really? »

Takira71A
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: How sharp is the Oly 75mm f/1.8 Really?

>> Judging by these so far, both the FD 85/1.2L @f/1.8 and the Zeiss C/Y 85/1.4 @1.8 just trounce
>> this Oly.

@Bifurcator:
No disrespect at all...

But if you ***Honestly*** think that the C/Y Carl Zeiss Planar 85mm f/1.4 Lens (at f/1.8) trounces the Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75mm f/1.8 Lens (... also at f/1.8 and hence 'Wide Open')... Then I REALLY don't know what you are SMOKING!

The Planar is a very nice lens (especially for 'Female Portraiture' IMNSHO), but if you think that it outresolves the NEW Olympus 75mm... Than I would seriously question the rest of your 7800+ Postings! . Smile.
--
As for the Canon FD 85mm f/1.2 L Lens, I will refrain from (commenting on it directly)... As I have NOT shot with it for many, many years now.

But since even the *Latest* Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II Lens is *STILL* not as sharp (at f/1.8) as the Olympus 75mm is (at f/1.8)... I don't honestly see how you think that the older FD would still trounce the Olympus.
--
I agree that not all of the images shown in this thread show the Olympus 75mm at its best.

BUT... Just a little bit of 'Common Sense' (taking into consideration the Specifications and 'Design Considerations' of the Olympus 75mm) and a quick glance around the Internet... Should tell you ALL that you need to know.

The Olympus 75mm 'Clearly' trounces the two lenses that you have mentioned (at least in terms of 'Sheer Resolution')... When shooting at f/1.8.
--
Cheers.
______

I hear people "saying" it's great but these images aren't showing what I would comparatively call "great".

Any others to show?

Judging by these so far, both the FD 85/1.2L @f/1.8 and the Zeiss C/Y 85/1.4 @1.8 just trounce this Oly.

That said, it looks soft enough to indeed be a nice and forgiving portrait lens.

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Previous versions of Takira71A's message #11200677 « How sharp is the Oly 75mm f/1.8 Really? »