Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of BrianO's message #11193793 « Need some feedback on this portrait lighting »

BrianO
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Need some feedback on this portrait lighting

mrhoni wrote: 2) I thought softbox was about 45 degree, but tight space in living room made it difficult to play much with position. I wondered about the position such that catchlight is only in her left eye and not the right eye.

It's not just the position of the light, it's the way it interacts with the pose / facial angle. The catchlight is just barely visible, but it's position is mostly obscured by your wife's eyelid.

Positioning the light lower would reveal the light in both eyes, but it wouldn no longer be at the "11 o'clock" position. That's okay, it's just part of your creative choices. You could, as an alternative, change the tilt of her head. That would be my choice. I'd also have her look more to camera left; as it his her face and shoulders are facing in slightly opposite directions.

Dec 15, 2012 at 05:51 PM

Previous versions of BrianO's message #11193793 « Need some feedback on this portrait lighting »