Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Gunzorro's message #11193627 « 1Ds Mark III Quirks and Features? »

Gunzorro
Upload & Sell: On
1Ds Mark III Quirks and Features?

dh -- Ha-ha! Good to know that is your experience as well.

I have newer cameras: 5D2 and 60D (had a T2i as well). It seems like my 1D2 and 1Ds2 start up faster and image display faster than the 1Ds3, but perhaps I\'m mistaken.

ben -- Thanks! Mine had a problem with AF irregularities, so I immediately sent to Canon, who repaired it at N/C. Now it focuses very accurately. They gave it a clean while there, and I will only be sending to them for cleaning.

Yes, I like the files very much. They retain the warmth and depth of the lovely 1Ds2 rendering, but with much better rez.

The LV is even worse than you said -- it\'s 230,000k rez. Same as the 1Ds2, just blown up with bigger pixels. Oh well, better than nothing -- unlike the 5D I used for years without any LV.

I like both the the 5D2 and the 1Ds3 -- still comparing and trying to decide what subjects for which body. I\'m thinking the 1Ds3 for more critical or personal work like architecture, tripod shooting, walk-around; and the 5D2 for events and flash photography. IQ on both is very good, but need to shoot the same subjects to get a better feel for how they exactly differ.

I know I\'m a generation behind, but I\'m still loving these pictures!

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Gunzorro
Upload & Sell: On
Re: 1Ds Mark III Quirks and Features?

dh -- Ha-ha! Good to know that is your experience as well.

I have newer cameras: 5D2 and 60D (had a T2i as well). It seems like my 1D2 and 1Ds2 start up faster and image display faster than the 1Ds3, but perhaps I\'m mistaken.

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Previous versions of Gunzorro's message #11193627 « 1Ds Mark III Quirks and Features? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.