Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of ben egbert's message #11193624 « 1Ds Mark III Quirks and Features? »

ben egbert
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: 1Ds Mark III Quirks and Features?

I love mine, got it new in 2008. I never noticed the lag other than when shooting burst mode and the buffer is full.

I never had banding issues like the 5D2. The sensor may be the same but the filter stack above it is much thinner than the 5D2.

With the AF fixes, it has very good AF and I used it for a while with a 500f4 for birding. Even with less reach and speed than my 50D, I preferred it for image quality and af accuracy.

The weak point for this camera is that it is first gen live view and only has USB out (not HTML) lacks live view AF and only 300,000 pixle LCD.

The camera is rugged, very long battery life, excellent WB and exposure.

I wet cleaned mine teh first year and broke the top filter. Cost my insurance $2300 to replace the entire sensor assemble which is hermetically sealed and Canon will not replace just the filter as they will on other cameras.

The filter is much thinner than on other cameras plus it has a space between it and the sensor to allow the anti dust feature to work. This makes it must less robust than older cameras where the filter was supported below but the sensor.

Be careful when you clean. I send mine to Canon for cleaning.

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Previous versions of ben egbert's message #11193624 « 1Ds Mark III Quirks and Features? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.