Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of BrianO's message #11193602 « Picking a Radio Trigger: Manual vs E-TTL (aka PW Mini vs Plus III) »

BrianO
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Picking a Radio Trigger: Manual vs E-TTL (aka PW Mini vs Plus III)

UnknownSouljer wrote: ...Is it better to buy a bunch of inexpensive PW Plus III's and learn manual modes but have access to great features like zones etc. OR Have a stripped down transmitter (MiniTT1) and receiver (FlexTT5) with E-TTL?

I wouldn't call the MiniTT1 a "stripped down" transmitter; far from it. Using the ControlTL System you get a lot of control over your lights from the camera position, and by putting the AC3 Zone Controller on it you can have manual or ETTL automatic control of multiple zones of lights.

The Plus III has a nice feature set, too -- you get 4 groups instead of 3, repeater function, etc. -- but you can't remotely control the power of the flashes.

Dec 15, 2012 at 04:37 PM

Previous versions of BrianO's message #11193602 « Picking a Radio Trigger: Manual vs E-TTL (aka PW Mini vs Plus III) »