Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #11192650 « Taste-Test (C/Y vs FD @ 85mm) »

Bifurcator
Upload & Sell: On
Taste-Test (C/Y vs FD @ 85mm)

I sold the Nikon long ago. But the Nikon and the Zeiss render totally differently. I haven't tried the newest version with the nano-crystal coating yet tho. The one just previous to that however isn't really in the same class as these two (IMHO).

This FD and C/Y render a lot alike! And they both cost about the same give or take a few hundred. The Zeiss 85/1.2 is very very expensive - up around or past $2k - or about 3 to 4 times the price of the other two.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of C/Y 85/1.2 samples online but the ones I could find looked nearly identical to the 1.4 - when both were set to f/1.4 anyway.

So even though there's some aperture difference between the two in the poll I find them to be "in the same class" if I can use that phrase here. Not so with the Nikkor which is a class below (cuz of IQ) and not so with the C/Y 85/1.2 either (because of price).

Dec 15, 2012 at 02:57 AM
Bifurcator
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Taste-Test (C/Y vs FD @ 85mm)

I sold the Nikon long ago. But the Nikon and the Zeiss render totally differently. I haven't tried the newest version with the nano-crystal coating yet tho. The one just previous to that however isn't really in the same class as these two (IMHO).

This FD and C/Y render a lot alike! And they both cost about the same give or take a few hundred. The Zeiss 85/1.2 is very very expensive - up around or past $2k - or about 3 to 4 times the price of the other two.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of C/Y 85/1.2 samples online but the ones I could find looked nearly identical to the 1.4 - when both were set to f/1.4 anyway.

So even though there's some aperture difference between the two in the poll I find them to be "in the same class" if I can use that phrase here.

Dec 15, 2012 at 02:52 AM

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #11192650 « Taste-Test (C/Y vs FD @ 85mm) »