Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11191188 « How far should you go? »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: How far should you go?

Gorgeous and dramatic ...

If you want me to see through your created works that there are beautiful skies, rugged formations and cooling streams in this location ... message sent, message received. If you are wanting to raise my interest in visiting this place, message sent, message received. If you want me to assess your talent as an image maker, I\'m diggin\' it and want to be able to do it like that too someday. If you want me to believe it came out of the camera that way ... pack a lunch, it\'ll be a long day.

Of course, most people would never question the angles of the lighting or the colors of the stream reflections vs. the sky too much. And to be honest ... if I had not already known ... I\'d probably be more in the mode of \"hmmm, I\'m not so sure\" ... although the lighting on the clouds appears to be incongruous with the lighting on the formation, and the blue stream, with a multicolored sky ... if I\'m on \"created image\" alert.

Otherwise, I can just enjoy it for what it is ... a nicely rendered image.

Interesting to note ... even after I have scrutinized it with my analytical prowess, my emotive response to it overrides the \"fact\" that it is a composite ... and I\'m still diggin\' it even if I know it is a \"fake\". The emotive response of an image, can be very powerful thing. I think the fact that it is skillfully executed to plausibility takes us to a place that it \"doesn\'t bother us\" enough to have a negative response. Kinda like how a blackbird addition, doesn\'t bother me enough to ruin a pic.

Attractors vs. detractors ... maximize the former, minimize the latter ... we are emotionally based creatures more often than not, even though this group is rather well versed in the analytical micro-nit realm at times.

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:48 AM
RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: How far should you go?

Gorgeous and dramatic ...

If you want me to see through your created works that there are beautiful skies, rugged formations and cooling streams in this location ... message sent, message received. If you are wanting to raise my interest in visiting this place, message sent, message received. If you want me to assess your talent as an image maker, I\'m diggin\' it and want to be able to do it like that too someday. If you want me to believe it came out of the camera that way ... pack a lunch, it\'ll be a long day.

Of course, most people would never question the angles of the lighting or the colors of the stream reflections vs. the sky too much. And to be honest ... if I had not already known ... I\'d probably be more in the mode of \"hmmm, I\'m not so sure\" ... although the lighting on the clouds appears to be incongruous with the lighting on the formation, and the blue stream, with a multicolored sky ... if I\'m on \"created image\" alert.

Otherwise, I can just enjoy it for what it is ... a nicely rendered image.

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11191188 « How far should you go? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.