Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of ben egbert's message #11191147 « How far should you go? »

ben egbert
Upload & Sell: Off
How far should you go?

This post is inspired by some of the comments on my other post. The question is how far should we alter or augment an image? I suppose an auxiliary question would be how much we should disclose about the alterations.

I posted an image here last summer and after we got done with it, we had added a sky taken a few minutes later to a foreground. You may recognize the sky in the example.

When I was at Zion, I got what I thought was a very nice image of the Watchman. When I got home, I processed this and a few dozen others from the two nights I was at this scene. I wondered what it would look like with a great sky? I tried the sky from last summer and got the attached results.

I am sure some of you here could improve the processing, but I think the inclusion of the sky took the image from pretty good to very good. I also think the sky fits nicely and meets the plausible criteria.

But I personally can’t show this on a forum as an original. Nor will I print it. My goal is to keep going back to Zion every November until I get a real version similar to this.

I have no special honor to maintain for I am an unknown who is neither selling nor competing. It’s more about the chase.

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Previous versions of ben egbert's message #11191147 « How far should you go? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.