Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11180024 « silly inverse square law question. »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: silly inverse square law question.

Are you saying that a single photon reflecting off another object will "spread out" and weaken as it travels?

Those photons that have been redirected (iaw AI=AR) will continue toward the camera whether it is one inch or one mile away. Its no different (sans gravity's vector force and air friction) than throwing a baseball in space ... that baseball will continue to travel in THAT direction at THAT speed (definition of velocity) forever until acted upon by another object. When it does interact with another object, some of that energy will be absorbed by the object it hits. It will then reflect off that object and now be traveling in a different direction at a different speed (color wavelength) and will continue to travel in THAT direction at THAT speed forever until it is again acted upon by another object.

Now, If I throw twenty baseballs (yeah, I got big hands), they will go off in different directions. But, for those that hit an object, they will all bounce iaw with AI=AR. Granted they started their travel in a multitude of directions, thus they will bounce off the object at varying directions based on the AI. Now, if just three of those balls happen to bounce straight toward your camera at twenty feet away, moving your camera to either 10 feet closer or 100 feet farther ... the camera will still be in the path of those baseballs (i.e. photons). The speed, direction and mass of them is the same @ 10, 20 or 100 feet. They carry the same amount of energy and it will hit just as much to get hit with a 100 mile/hr fastball at 10 feet as it does a million miles away (in space).

Dec 10, 2012 at 06:42 PM
RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: silly inverse square law question.

Are you saying that a single photon reflecting off another object will "spread out" and weaken as it travels?

Dec 10, 2012 at 06:07 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11180024 « silly inverse square law question. »