Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of douglasf13's message #11165327 « Making the decision - X-pro 1 or X-E1? »

douglasf13
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Making the decision - X-pro 1 or X-E1?

mortyb wrote:

Re IQ, I'm not sure I agree, Douglas. How do you define better IQ? For me, color and tonality is a big part of IQ, and from what I've seen so far, I think the Fujis' output look very nice in that regard.

Color and tonality depend largely on the raw converter that you're using. Either way, I'm talking about the lack of detail and smoothing that is inherent to the X-trans sensor. It is great for high ISO, kind of like a super smooth NR, but not so great at low ISO, compared to bayer. X-trans is just a different cfa on what is likely a Sony sensor, anyways.

Either way, there are about a million threads on this, and I don't want to drag this one too far into the subject. Sorry about that. Just trying to give the OP a fair response, since his feature requests kind of scream NEX.

Dec 04, 2012 at 05:50 PM
douglasf13

mortyb wrote:

Re IQ, I'm not sure I agree, Douglas. How do you define better IQ? For me, color and tonality is a big part of IQ, and from what I've seen so far, I think the Fujis' output look very nice in that regard.

Color and tonality depend largely on the raw converter that you're using. Either way, I'm talking about the lack of detail and smoothing that is inherent to the X-trans sensor. It is great for high ISO, kind of like a super smooth NR, but not so great at low ISO, compared to bayer. X-trans is just a different cfa on what is likely a Sony sensor, anyways.

Either way, there are about a million threads on this, and I don't want to drag this one too far into the subject. Sorry about that. Just trying to give the OP a fair response.

Dec 04, 2012 at 05:48 PM
douglasf13

mortyb wrote:

Either way, there are about a million threads on this, and I don't want to drag this one too far into the subject. Sorry about that. Just trying to give the OP an objective response.

Dec 04, 2012 at 05:47 PM
douglasf13

mortyb wrote:

Dec 04, 2012 at 05:46 PM

Previous versions of douglasf13's message #11165327 « Making the decision - X-pro 1 or X-E1? »