Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #11165259 « Making the decision - X-pro 1 or X-E1? »

naturephoto1
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Making the decision - X-pro 1 or X-E1?

douglasf13 wrote:
dills84 wrote:
douglasf13 wrote:
If you use adapted glass and shoot a lot of low to mid ISO, I'd look at a Nex-6. Focus peaking is incredibly useful for manual lenses, and Bayer CFAs still look better in good light. Plus, despite the EVFs being the same, the Sony's has a higher frame rate.

As an owner of both Fuji and Nex, I can tell you that the EVF on the X100/X-Pro1 is noticeably worse than the one in the X-E1/Nex-6.

Good to know, however I'm not interested in the NEX line. I'm starting to lean towards the XE knowing the EVF is That much better... hmm!

Why?? It seems like you're trying to decide between two different model classes of Toyotas, rather than considering the same class of car from both Toyota and Honda.

At this point, I wouldn't even consider buying a digital camera for manual lenses without focus peaking. Of course, Fuji could change that with a firmware update, but until then, no way.

For myself I handled the NEX cameras and both Fuji Cameras at Photo Plus in October. I am coming from my manual focus Leica R cameras. I found the handling, size, controls, placement of everything, much more to my liking than any of the NEX cameras. The Fuji cameras to me felt like cameras, the NEX cameras no so much.

Rich

Dec 04, 2012 at 05:24 PM
naturephoto1

douglasf13 wrote:
dills84 wrote:
douglasf13 wrote:
If you use adapted glass and shoot a lot of low to mid ISO, I'd look at a Nex-6. Focus peaking is incredibly useful for manual lenses, and Bayer CFAs still look better in good light. Plus, despite the EVFs being the same, the Sony's has a higher frame rate.

As an owner of both Fuji and Nex, I can tell you that the EVF on the X100/X-Pro1 is noticeably worse than the one in the X-E1/Nex-6.

Good to know, however I'm not interested in the NEX line. I'm starting to lean towards the XE knowing the EVF is That much better... hmm!

Why?? It seems like you're trying to decide between two different model classes of Toyotas, rather than considering the same class of car from both Toyota and Honda.

At this point, I wouldn't even consider buying a digital camera for manual lenses without focus peaking. Of course, Fuji could change that with a firmware update, but until then, no way.

For myself I handled the NEX cameras and both Fuji Cameras at Photo Plus in October. . I am coming from my manual focus Leica R cameras. I found the handling, size, controls, placement of everything, much more to my liking than any of the NEX cameras. The Fuji cameras to me felt like cameras, the NEX cameras no so much.

Rich

Dec 04, 2012 at 05:23 PM
naturephoto1

douglasf13 wrote:
dills84 wrote:
douglasf13 wrote:

For myself I handled the NEX cameras and both Fuji Cameras. I am coming from my manual focus Leica R cameras. I found the handling, size, controls, placement of everything, much more to my liking than any of the NEX cameras. The Fuji cameras to me felt like cameras, the NEX cameras no so much. I handled all of these at Photo Plus in October.

Rich

Dec 04, 2012 at 05:22 PM

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #11165259 « Making the decision - X-pro 1 or X-E1? »