Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of russdenney01's message #11164949 « First test with studio strobes for on-location work »

russdenney01
Upload & Sell: On
First test with studio strobes for on-location work

I am preparing for a full scale on-location portrait shoot with my 15 year old daughter in the coming weeks. It will be somewhat typical -- pretty girl, elegant dress, beautiful jewelry (thanks to a friend who manages an upscale jewelry store), and a nice location, etc...

The first step in this process since this will be my first go around of this sort, is some practice runs with the lighting. We had our first practice session this weekend in a drab office location but the idea was to worry about lighting the subject and not the location so much...

We ended up having some equipment limitations as one of our photographers didn't show up with his gear. We ended being force to use two lights - an Einstein for a main fired through a 47" octa and an SB-900 fired through a 40" shoot through umbrella. The background was not interesting so we killed the ambient...

If we had another light, we would have gridded it and put it up and behind her for a hair light...

Here is one of the shots...feedback and suggestions requested...Again, I am just looking for lighting suggestions as these were test shots.

Thank you.

Russ

Dec 04, 2012 at 02:57 PM

Previous versions of russdenney01's message #11164949 « First test with studio strobes for on-location work »