Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of sjms's message #11164155 « RRS MTX Tool »

sjms
Upload & Sell: On
RRS MTX Tool

leave it to the little pixies at RRS to come up with the perfect stocking stuffer for the tripod owner (especially theirs). it is a multibit screwdriver tool named the MTX. it is designed to essentially field strip their tripods down to their base components in addition to some other brands too. yes, like the rest of their gear it is made in the US. it contains 22 bits of varying types to fit every attachment bolt used. in addition there's even a right angle Allan wrench. the most used bits are stored in the grip and there is a second encapsulated bit module for the lesser used ones. well made it is.

but wait! that's not all. if you own a TVC 3 or 2 series with a centerpost (no unfortunately not the TQC14) you can unscrew your hook and screw bit driver onto it and slide it up inside snug as a bug.

but wait as an added extra bonus you can thread it on a 3/8 base mini tripod and it becomes a centerpost/extension for any number of applications. pretty fun and useful tool for $55

I like it.

oh yeah I forgot, technically it meets the standards from the TSA for tools and size as a carry on. that's not to say someone there won't make up their own rules when they see it.
ref: http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/prohibited-items under tools

Dec 05, 2012 at 12:44 PM
sjms
RRS MTX Tool

leave it to the little pixies at RRS to come up with the perfect stocking stuffer for the tripod owner (especially theirs). it is a multibit screwdriver tool named the MTX. it is designed to essentially field strip their tripods down to their base components in addition to some other brands too. yes, like the rest of their gear it is made in the US. it contains 22 bits of varying types to fit every attachment bolt used. in addition there's even a right angle Allan wrench. the most used bits are stored in the grip and there is a second encapsulated bit module for the lesser used ones. well made it is.

but wait! that's not all. if you own a TVC 3 or 2 series with a centerpost (no unfortunately not the TQC14) you can unscrew your hook and screw bit driver onto it and slide it up inside snug as a bug.

but wait as an added extra bonus you can thread it on a 3/8 base mini tripod and it becomes a centerpost/extension for any number of applications. pretty fun and useful tool for $55

I like it.

oh yeah I forgot, technically it meets the standards from the TSA for tools and size as a carry on. that's not to say someone there won't make up their own rules.

Dec 04, 2012 at 01:44 PM
sjms
RRS MTX Tool

I like it.

oh yeah I forgot, technically it meets the restrictions for the TSA for tool and size. that's not to say someone won't make up their own rules.

Dec 04, 2012 at 01:42 PM
sjms
RRS MTX

I like it.

oh yeah I forgot, technically it meets the restrictions for the TSA for tool and size. that's not to say someone won't make up their own rules.

Dec 04, 2012 at 03:40 AM

Previous versions of sjms's message #11164155 « RRS MTX Tool »