Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of cohenfive's message #11161683 « Kites and a Red Tailed Hawk...After the Deluge... »

cohenfive
Upload & Sell: On
Kites and a Red Tailed Hawk...After the Deluge...

we got at least 6 inches of rain the past few days in the bay area, and this afternoon the skies cleared off. i figured any self-respecting bird would be out flying, the problem being finding a spot that was hike able after the big rains..so i went up into our local park to the ridges with my 500mm, carefully sidestepping the muddiest sections and the couple of slides that i saw. when i got up to the ridgeline i camped out where i often see kites and hawks, and today i was rewarded by both. there was a pair of kites hunting on the hillside, and a red tailed hawk came by for a few minutes. i\'ve seen this hawk hanging out at the top of the trees behind the hill, and in this case he was hassled by the kites until he left the vicinitiy.

anyway, i\'ve attached a representative sample of the pix i took. i was not very close, so even with my 500mm (handheld) and cropping i was not able to zoom in as much as i would have liked. i hope you like them anyway...

Dec 03, 2012 at 01:04 AM
cohenfive
Upload & Sell: On
Kites and a Red Tailed Hawk...After the Deluge...

we got at least 6 inches of rain the past few days in the bay area, and this afternoon the skies cleared off. i figured any self-respecting bird would be out flying, the problem being finding a spot that was hike able after the big rains..so i went up into our local park to the ridges with my 500mm, carefully sidestepping the muddiest sections and the couple of slides that i saw. when i got up to the ridgeline i camped out where i often see kites and hawks, and today i was rewarded by both. there was a pair of kites hunting on the hillside, and a red tailed hawk came by for a few minutes. i\'ve seen this hawk hanging out at the top of the trees behind the hill, and in this case he was hassled by the kites until he left the vicinitiy.

anyway, i\'ve attached a representative sample of the pix i took. i was not very close, so even with my 500mm (handheld) and cropping i was not able to zoom in as much as i would have liked. i hope you like them anyway...

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Previous versions of cohenfive's message #11161683 « Kites and a Red Tailed Hawk...After the Deluge... »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.