Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Kit Laughlin's message #11159410 « Sigma DP2 Merrill: Have any of you tried it? »

Kit Laughlin
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Sigma DP2 Merrill: Have any of you tried it?

Tariq, and Michiel; yes, that sounds very sensible (re. reading the embedded jpeg).

Michiel, I took quite a few, and processed them this afternoon. I will review tomorrow and post one or two.

I am still finding that I like this camera very much. It is very discrete (and quiet, too) so apart from no viewfinder, is easy to use and does not threaten people. I asked a few people if I could take their picture, and all said yes—a surprise. Rendering of leaves and really fine detail is amazing. I know Herb and others reduce the sharpening to -1 or thereabouts, but I find the standard setting looks very good on my calibrated monitor (and I never look at magnifications of more than 100%, and use 50% as a guide to how it will print (and IIRC, that was your suggestion long ago, Tariq!)

I am using a Colin three stop soft grad for the outdoor work; very light and portable. More to come.

Dec 02, 2012 at 07:13 AM

Previous versions of Kit Laughlin's message #11159410 « Sigma DP2 Merrill: Have any of you tried it? »