Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of astro-ep's message #11152982 « Stellar Landscape »

astro-ep
Upload & Sell: Off
Stellar Landscape

I\'ve been away from here, for a bit, while I transition from IR and regular photography, back into Astrophotography, for the Winter. I recently purchased a new set of filters 3nm narrowband filters that narrow the bandwidth of the light that is transmitted through the telescope on to the CCD. Like Photo equipment, Astro equipment requires a lot of saving to get the good-stuff.

So this is my first image with one of these new 3nm filters. What you\'re looking at is Ionized hydrogen emission. I\'m working on more data for a color image, but it requires a lot more time and the weather has not been cooperating.

This is an area about 2.5 x 3.8 degrees in Cygnus just East of Deneb. It required 3 nights to capture the data and has a total exposure time of about 7 hours. I thought folks might be interested in seeing a landscape of a different kind.

For a view of the full resolution image and the loads of little details, click here, Just give it a few minutes to load:

http://smu.gs/TtcvyV

Thanks for looking and C&C are always welcome.

Eric

Dec 15, 2012 at 07:28 PM
astro-ep
Stellar Landscape

I\'ve been away from here, for a bit, while I transition from IR and regular photography, back into Astrophotography, for the Winter. I recently purchased a new set of filters 3nm narrowband filters that narrow the bandwidth of the light that is transmitted through the telescope on to the CCD. Like Photo equipment, Astro equipment requires a lot of saving to get the good-stuff.

So this is my first image with one of these new 3nm filters. What you\'re looking at is Ionized hydrogen emission. I\'m working on more data for a color image, but it requires a lot more time and the weather has not been cooperating.

This is an area about 2.5 x 3.8 degrees in Cygnus just East of Deneb. It required 3 nights to capture the data and has a total exposure time of about 7 hours. I thought folks might be interested in seeing a landscape of a different kind.

For a view of the full resolution image and the loads of little details, click here, Just give it a few minutes to load:

Eric

Dec 15, 2012 at 07:14 PM
astro-ep
Stellar Landscape

Eric

Dec 15, 2012 at 07:13 PM
astro-ep
Stellar Landscape

Eric

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Previous versions of astro-ep's message #11152982 « Stellar Landscape »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.