Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11150328 « Avignon »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Avignon

Here's a stab at an interpretation (variants abound ad infinitum).

I'm just working in PS. The "watercolor" filter in PS is a bit too heavy handed for me, so this is a combination of motion blur @ the water (masked/blended), minimum sponge & sandstone texture overall and some gradient blending of the two, along with a bump in contrast afterwards.

Definitely an S&P to taste kinda thing that only you'll be able to decide where you take it. Hopefully, you can see some of the various attributes. I tried to remain somewhat subtle, yet also enough to make it visible how the character changes. This rendering is probably a bit of an oil / watercolor blend, due to the contrast boost, whereas a lesser contrast would be more pastel/watercolor-ish.

Definitely in the "making" vs. "taking" pictures territory ... i.e. you can make it what you want, to convey your message to your viewer.

Nov 28, 2012 at 03:07 PM
RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Avignon

Here's a stab at an interpretation (variants abound ad infinitum).

I'm just working in PS. The "watercolor" filter in PS is a bit too heavy handed for me, so this is a combination of motion blur @ the water (masked/blended), minimum sponge & sandstone texture overall and some gradient blending of the two, along with a bump in contrast afterwards.

Definitely an S&P to taste kinda thing that only you'll be able to decide where you take it. Hopefully, you can see some of the various attributes. I tried to remain somewhat subtle, yet also enough to make it visible how the character changes. This rendering is probably a bit of an oil / watercolor blend, due to the contrast boost, whereas a lesser contrast would be more pastel/watercolor ish.

Nov 28, 2012 at 02:59 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11150328 « Avignon »