Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11150140 « Avignon »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Avignon

I like the vibrancy reduction changes (maybe some selective areas could tolerate a pinch here or there should you like). I think I'm torn at the cloning ... I like the people in it, but not the cars. Removing both makes it a bit "clinical", whereas the people add a certain (dare I say) "je ne sais quoi" to its mood and message of being such a lovely place.

At the risk of sounding "cheesy" ... I could explore / entertain deftly moving this one toward a painterly / watercolor vibe (judiciously, of course), reminiscent of "old world" artisan works (once the cars are gone) into a classic, timeless realm ... it is very close that "as is", so it would only be a very gentle / selective nudge (if at all).

Either way, you've got a nice shot here ... take your time with it and beyond the obvious "Hey, that's a nice pic." ... ask yourself what is the mood/point/message that you want to convey to your viewer (I lobby for the people enjoying the beauty and serenity of such a special place) for your direction regarding finishing touches / final revisions, etc. You might let it sit for a bit, so it can resonate in your mind where you want to take the nuance.

Diggin' it.

Nov 28, 2012 at 01:06 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11150140 « Avignon »