Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of PetKal's message #11148593 « BIF Photography: 800L vs. (600 II + 1.4xTC III) »

PetKal
Upload & Sell: On
Re: BIF Photography: 800L vs. (600 II + 1.4xTC III)

Joshua, that is a kinda composite number which includes ease of capture (translates to keeper rate) as well as quality. To put it differently, the combo in my experience is not only more effective, it is also somewhat less strenuous in use.

If/when I manage to find a suitable low profile replacement foot for 600 II, that would also facilitate its handheld use. On 800L I have the 4th Gen Design replacement foot which IMO is the best of the bunch for a heavy long lens.

Secondly, I was tempted to do the comparison on fly-by Mallards because those are more common as a target, and I could have wrapped up my testing much earlier.
However, I decided for a much harder test type which made the lenses, the camera and myself groan.

Nov 27, 2012 at 09:14 PM

Previous versions of PetKal's message #11148593 « BIF Photography: 800L vs. (600 II + 1.4xTC III) »