Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of firstgear99's message #11139710 « Initial reactions to CamRanger, Eye-Fi and ShutterSnitch »

firstgear99
Upload & Sell: Off
Initial reactions to CamRanger, Eye-Fi and ShutterSnitch

Eye-Fi and ShutterSnitch tested with Canon 1DsIII (Eye-Fi 16GB card with latest firmware and software).

Eye-Fi would not transfer the photo to full screen. Did a search and it appears this is a known problem that they have been working on for some time (>4 months or so). Works ok, but seemed that when a photo was taken I wasn\'t always sure if the photo was going to transfer. My opinion. Just ok. Really IMO only good for transfer to iPad (retina display). The card was about $100 for the 16Gb Pro-X 2.

Hooked up ShutterSnitch and supposedly you can do more with it than Eye-Fi, but I couldn\'t figure it out. It just transferred the photos. I felt that the ShutterSnitch did it better than Eye-Fi, even though it used the Eye-Fi card to make the transfer. Apps store sells this for about $17.11 with tax. I was hoping to do more than just transfer photos. Supposedly you can do more, but I haven\'t figured out yet and don\'t plan on jail breaking my iPad to do it.

Which brings me to CamRanger. This was tested on my 7D (they are working on getting it to work with 1DsIII) and it worked well. Transfers photos easily and gives you control on the settings in the camera. It doesn\'t over ride where the dial is set. If it is on Tv, then you can only change the settings associated with that dial setting. But you have control over ISO, over/under compensation, drive, etc. it does all of this with ease. The intravalometer works great, even when the iPad is turned off and no longer connected. It will run until the CR runs out of battery or the camera runs out first! The CR costs about $335 or so shipped with extra battery.

I also bought a SD to CF adapter that \"is supposed to work with Eye-Fi\", but that has mixed reviews on the Internet too. That was about $10 on Amazon. I will report back on that to let you know how good or bad that works. Stay tuned.

This is my opinion, YMMV.

Nov 23, 2012 at 08:09 PM

Previous versions of firstgear99's message #11139710 « Initial reactions to CamRanger, Eye-Fi and ShutterSnitch »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.