Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Robert Snow's message #11139147 « Printing: Matte Papers- Disappointing How to improve. »

Robert Snow
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Printing: Matte Papers- Disappointing How to improve.

I concur with HowardG's post. Turning off the white point but leaving on the black point seems to get me close to WYSIWYG.

Over time, I have experimented with various correction methods to approximate the correct monitor image with a simple adjustment layer. I have come cloest by using a Levels adjustment and starting with the black slider bumped up to somewhere between the 6 to 16 range, then adjusting the other two as needed. Also, the most simple way I like is to use the old contrast booster trick of doing an Unsharp Mask adjustment of perhaps 20-50-0, and adjusting the Amount up and down as needed (first number).

If you are getting dark prints, I would guess that your monitor is set too bright. Also, with an NEC monitor, I find that adjusting the "black" setting is needed to get a good profile.

Hang in there...you will find that the fine art matt papers can make beautiful prints.

bob snow

Nov 23, 2012 at 09:06 PM

Previous versions of Robert Snow's message #11139147 « Printing: Matte Papers- Disappointing How to improve. »