Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of michaelwatkins's message #11134668 « Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens) »

michaelwatkins
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

I've come to the conclusion that the best camera I want to own has to be the smallest, small enough to come with me everywhere.

I'm strong and fit enough to carry a 40 pound pack full of medium format gear (did this for years) but I don't really enjoy lugging the stuff around nor the process of stopping, unpacking, setting up, shooting, repacking, and moving on. Yes, I'd sometimes wander with body and a wide angle lens in my hand. Good for arm muscle tone.

My tastes in what and when I like to shoot have changed markedly over the years although I still prefer 28 - 35mm focal lengths on 135 format. What hasn't changed is that I still want to have at my fingertips the potential for very high quality results, but I don't want it to require a backpack or roller case full of equipment.

Instead of upgrading my DSLR to the latest and greatest decided to hop aboard the compact camera train and man am I ever glad I did that. Since then I've also learned that I don't have to replicate every focal length and perspective I have on my other system, so I'm keen on the RX1 (kinda wish Ricoh made it though) and welcome the opportunity to further simplify and rationalize my small gear.

Nov 21, 2012 at 08:38 PM

Previous versions of michaelwatkins's message #11134668 « Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens) »