Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of sjms's message #11121206 « Induro really as good/the same as RRS/Markins? »

sjms
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Induro really as good/the same as RRS/Markins?

runamuck wrote:
sjms wrote:
runamuck wrote:
You are asking a piece of aluminum to absorb the energy of a ballhead AND tripod. You are surprised it broke? The way it hit, just the ballhead alone would probably have been enough to snap it. A good grade of steel would have taken the hit, but the screaming about weight would be unbearable.

Take the offer of a refurbished head and be happy.

You should know better. The proper aluminum alloy and manufacturing you'll have allowed the piece to dent, deform but not crack like that did. That's why RRS and such manufacture their gear the way they do. They do their best to eliminate compromise.

So a bent/deformed head is preferable? Could have made the thing of titanium and plated it with irridium. That would have really pleased the high dollar crowd

The situation was that it failed after a relative short fall and impact in concrete. I don't need super alloys to do the job better. There are products optimized for price and then there are those optimized for "performance". Choose your poison. And yes if the part is dented or deformed but still usable that makes it much better the a cracked and totally failed one.

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Previous versions of sjms's message #11121206 « Induro really as good/the same as RRS/Markins? »