Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of sjms's message #11121199 « Induro really as good/the same as RRS/Markins? »

sjms
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Induro really as good/the same as RRS/Markins?

Sarsfield wrote:
Your ignorance is most amusing. Obviously your knowledge of materials is rather limited to say the least.

You should know better. The proper aluminum alloy and manufacturing you'll have allowed the piece to dent, deform but not crack like that did. That's why RRS and such manufacture their gear the way they do. They do their best to eliminate compromise.

Typical condescending attitude from one of the sheep that must have the absolute highest priced pieces of gear or you'll shrivel up like the empty carcass that you really are. I'll bet you are one of the sheep that bought the Gitzo basalt tripod because if it's made out of volcanic material, it must be great!

Or maybe you're a metallurgist and can explain to me how the Gitzo, Markins and RRS cr@p is better than any of the Induro or Manfrotto or even the Feisol products?

Drivel.

No just someone who has worked with metal pretty much all his working life for the past 25 years in aerospace and commercial aviation. So for the long run I may/do have a better idea then you on what alloys/materials (yes composites) and methods used make a difference. Not because I know it all but because I know how to reference or who to ask. There are substantial differences in manufacturing between RRS, Gitzo, Feisol and for the most part if one opened their eyes these differences do become more apparent.

Actually the use of "volcanic material" aka: basalt based glass fiber is/was an attempt by gitzo to bring many of the properties of CF down to a more economic level. They as a company have been pretty forward thinking in the use of materials and technology. I'm not going to deny that they are cheap. But then when you do put the R&D in you want a ROI and yes they do tend to push the envelope at times. You don't move forward by relying on accepted norms all the time.

RRS uses a completely different methodology in their design and manufacturing concepts from the rest. It is a more robust design.

Yes, all manufacturers showboat to an extent, some more then others to differentiate themselves from the rest of the pack. I will tell you that there are differences that can and do make the difference.

Yes, I could "splain" many of the what where, when, how's and whys of these products. Lots of good ideas and lots of bad ones too. Not drivel, just what was being attempted.

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:13 PM
sjms

Sarsfield wrote:
Your ignorance is most amusing. Obviously your knowledge of materials is rather limited to say the least.

You should know better. The proper aluminum alloy and manufacturing you'll have allowed the piece to dent, deform but not crack like that did. That's why RRS and such manufacture their gear the way they do. They do their best to eliminate compromise.

Typical condescending attitude from one of the sheep that must have the absolute highest priced pieces of gear or you'll shrivel up like the empty carcass that you really are. I'll bet you are one of the sheep that bought the Gitzo basalt tripod because if it's made out of volcanic material, it must be great!

Or maybe you're a metallurgist and can explain to me how the Gitzo, Markins and RRS cr@p is better than any of the Induro or Manfrotto or even the Feisol products?

Drivel.

No just someone who has worked with metal pretty much all his working life for the past 25 years in aerospace and commercial aviation. So for the long run I may/do have a better idea then you on what alloys/materials (yes comosites) and methods used make a difference. Not because I know it all but because I know how to reference or who to ask. There are substantial differences in manufacturing between RRS, Gitzo, Feisol and for the most part if one opened their eyes these differences do become more apparent.

Actually the use of "volcanic material" aka: basalt based glass fiber is an attempt by gitzo to bring many of the properties of CF down to a more economic level. They as a company have been pretty forward thinking in the use of materials and technology. I'm not going to deny that they are cheap. But then when you do put the R&D in you want a ROI and yes they do tend to push the envelope at times. You don't move forward by relying on accepted norms all the time.

RRS uses a completely different methodology in their design and manufacturing concepts from the rest. It is a more robust design.

Yes, all manufacturers showboat to an extent, some more then others to differentiate themselves from the rest of the pack. I will tell you that there are differences that can and do make the difference.

Yes, I could "splain" many of the what where, when, how's and whys of these products. Lots of good ideas and lots of bad ones too. Not drivel, just what was being attempted.

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM
sjms

Sarsfield wrote:

Drivel.

No just someone who has worked with metal pretty much all his working life for the past 25 years in aerospace and commercial aviation. So for the long run I may/do have a better idea then you on what alloys/materials (yes comosites) and methods used make a difference. Not because I know it all but because I know how to reference or who to ask. There are substantial differences in manufacturing between RRS, Gitzo, Feisol and for the most part if one opened their eyes these differences do become more apparent.

Actually the use of "volcanic material" aka: basalt based glass fiber is an attempt by gitzo to bring many of the properties of CF down to a more economic level. They as a company have been pretty forward thinking in the use of materials and technology. I'm not going to deny that they are cheap. But then when you do put the R&D in you want a ROI and yes they do tend to push the envelope at times. You don't move forward by relying on accepted norms all the time.

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM
sjms

Sarsfield wrote:

Drivel.

No just someone who has worked with metal pretty much all his working life for the past 25 years in aerospace and commercial aviation. So for the long run I may/do have a better idea then you on what alloys and methods used make a difference. Not because I know it all but because I know how to reference or who to ask. There are substantial differences in manufacturing between RRS, Gitzo, Feisol and for the most part if one opened their eyes these differences do become more apparent.

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:31 AM
sjms

Sarsfield wrote:

Drivel.

No just someone who has worked with metal pretty much all his working life for the past 25 years in aerospace and commercial aviation. So for the long run I do have a better idea then you on what alloys and methods used make a difference. Not because I know it all but because I know how to reference or who to ask. There are substantial differences in manufacturing between RRS, Gitzo, Feisol and for the most part if one opened their eyes these differences do become more apparent.

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM
sjms

Sarsfield wrote:

Drivel.

No just someone who has worked with metal pretty much all his working life for the past 25 years in aerospace and commercial aviation. So for the long run I do have a better idea then you on what alloys and methods used make a difference. Not because I know it all but because I know how to reference or who to ask. There are substantial differences in manufacturing between RRS, Gitzo, Feisol and for the most part if one opened their eyes these differences do become more apparent.

Actually the use of "volcanic material" aka: basalt based glass fiber is an attempt by gitzo to bring many of the properties of CF down to a more economic level. They as a company have been pretty forward thinking in the use of materials and technology. I'm not going to deny that they are cheap. But then when you do put the R&D in you want a ROI and yes they do tend to push the envelope at times. You don't forward by relying on accepted norms all the time.

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Previous versions of sjms's message #11121199 « Induro really as good/the same as RRS/Markins? »