Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of cmpdesignz2010's message #11116289 « Paying Homage To Card Designers Before Me »

cmpdesignz2010
Upload & Sell: On
Paying Homage To Card Designers Before Me

Thanks everyone. Working on a whole bunch more. Gotta tell you, for simple designs they really are a pain in the you know where.

I'm assuming back in the day all of these were done by some sort of pre-press overlay. Some of the shapes and strokes are a real difficult in vector.

Gives me much more respect for what designers did back in the day and I'm loving every minute of it!!!

For those who asked about these as templates, I am addressing two main issues:

1. They look very awkward as 8x10 or 16x20. Cards are typically 2.5x3.5, so enlargements would be 5x7, 10x14, 20x28 and so on. You can expand the design to the larger size in width, but like I said, looks awkward.

2. The old fonts aren't free. I have them because they came with a package I bough from Adobe. I can't legally distribute them, and haven't had time to try and find free versions. So I can sell you the template, but you'd be on your own for the font.

Thoughts on the issues

Nov 14, 2012 at 01:53 PM

Previous versions of cmpdesignz2010's message #11116289 « Paying Homage To Card Designers Before Me »