Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Langran's message #11104792 « 7D vs 5D2 flash+blown highlights question »

Langran
Upload & Sell: Off
7D vs 5D2 flash+blown highlights question

Basically I'm wondering why my 2 bodies vary so much in terms of blowing small amounts of highlights when using flash. I shoot a 7D and a 5D2 - both with equivalent lenses (10-20 and 17-40) and use the same flash (430ex). When using an on camera flash the 5D is fine, the 7D however blows highlights regularly (normally on people's foreheads which are closest). The exposure is right on both cameras but the 7D is a pain as I have to recover the highlights. My question:

Is the dynamic range on the 7D really that much worse than the 5D2 for practical applications like this? Or is something else causing this?

I'm genuinely considering dumping the 7D for another 5D2 if this is the case - only thing that is making me keep it is the 50fps video

Nov 09, 2012 at 08:45 PM

Previous versions of Langran's message #11104792 « 7D vs 5D2 flash+blown highlights question »