Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Sjjindra's message #11104221 « Which Flash - For Birds? »

Sjjindra
Upload & Sell: Off
Which Flash - For Birds?

When I go out on my kayak, I now take the 5DIII and 100-400 lens and in the near future (after the 5DIII F8 FW upgrade), a 1.4X III. Often when I am returning in the evening, when out on the bayou, the light is fading, but the birds are a little more tolerant of my distance, allowing an approach to within 20\' to 50\'. Even at high ISO, images are not best. I am considering carrying a flash to make better use of these opportunities.

I have seen some really good deals on the 580 V1, some good deals on 580 V2, and close to full price for 600 flashes. For on camera use for the above situations, what at the advantages of each of these or other flashes? Any experiences, examples, or tips.

Do you think maybe I reach the limit with this fellow (see photo).

Thanks
Steven Jindra

Nov 10, 2012 at 06:51 AM
Sjjindra
Upload & Sell: Off
Which Flash - For Birds?

When I go out on my kayak, I now take the 5DIII and 100-400 lens and in the near future (after the 5DIII F8 FW upgrade), a 1.4X III. Often when I am returning in the evening, when out on the bayou, the light is fading, but the birds are a little more tolerant of my distance, allowing an approach to within 20\' to 50\'. Even at high ISO, images are not best. I am considering carrying a flash to make better use of these opportunities.

I have seen some really good deals on the 580 V1, some good deals on 580 V2, and close to full price for 600 flashes. For on camera use for the above situations, what at the advantages of each of these or other flashes? Any experiences, examples, or tips.

Thanks
Steven Jindra

Nov 09, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Previous versions of Sjjindra's message #11104221 « Which Flash - For Birds? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.