Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Snopchenko's message #11100923 « New Sigma 35mm f/1.4 and two Tamron lenses! »

Snopchenko
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: New Sigma 35mm f/1.4 and two Tamron lenses!

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Yakim Peled wrote:
Interesting lenses but personally, I'm waiting for the Tamron 60mm f/2 SP Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

That's a Di II lens so only for crop even though it can be mounted on FF and APS-H cameras.

It works flawlessly on APS-H cameras. I wanted to get one for my 1D Mark II N but the slow motor was what put me off, at least for now.

More interesting would be it's big brother: 180 f/2.8(3.5) Sp Di 1:1 macro VC USD. Sigma dropped the ball with theirs weighing in at a far too heavy 1.6kg. Tamron lenses are usually lighter. So I hope they are working on one of these.

Sigma's bulk comes from larger aperture - f/2.8 - and near flawless (per Lenstip.com and SLRGear.com) optical performance. Looks like it completely slays 180L on that.

Nov 08, 2012 at 06:13 AM

Previous versions of Snopchenko's message #11100923 « New Sigma 35mm f/1.4 and two Tamron lenses! »