Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11099414 « Two for opinion »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Two for opinion

Welcome to PC Forum ... we do try.

As to the first one ... it seems as it is going to be intended as a graphic interpretive, so rendering is totally subjective @ in that regard. On the technical side of things, the noise & halos are a bit distracting, but the noise is also a bit reminiscent of film grain.

As to the color balance (i.e. sooc), I think that is just going to be a matter of mood that you want to present as to where you want it to be. With a strong graphic / interpretive as this, there really isn\'t a \"correct\" ... unless you want to try and correct it to a neutral WB, but I think that\'ll just transform it to more boring ... but I might see about some cast removal @ darker area.

On to #2 ... much goodness here ... IF the viewer goes looking for it.

I\'m diggin\' ...

tones
great lines & shapes
cascading/tiered buildings
reflections
repetition of three @ buildings (linear) and floats in the water (triangular)

Personal preference might call me to tweak on processing for something a bit more dynamic ... but then again, that might be a wrong move.

That being said ... I wouldn\'t expect much of a response from a club as they have a certain \"non-wow\" factor that people are often looking for. I expect few will give a strong appreciation for them, but ... ya never know.

Here\'s a rough @ what I had in mind cast removal for shadows, and a little creative preference @ color (totally subjective), as well as a slight crop off the top.
Note: I didn\'t even try to address the halos ... those would likely be something to contend by not sharpening as much (or even at all) for this kind of image.

Nov 07, 2012 at 02:26 PM
RustyBug

As to the first one ... it seems as it is going to be intended as a graphic interpretive, so rendering is totally subjective @ in that regard. On the technical side of things, the noise & halos are a bit distracting, but the noise is also a bit reminiscent of film grain.

As to the color balance (i.e. sooc), I think that is just going to be a matter of mood that you want to present as to where you want it to be. With a strong graphic / interpretive as this, there really isn\'t a \"correct\" ... unless you want to try and correct it to a neutral WB, but I think that\'ll just transform it to more boring ... but I might see about some cast removal @ darker area.

I\'m diggin\' ...

tones
great lines & shapes
reflections

Personal preference might call me to tweak on processing for something a bit more dynamic ... but then again, that might be a wrong move.

That being said ... I wouldn\'t expect much of a response from a club as they have a certain \"non-wow\" factor that people are often looking for. I expect few will give a strong appreciation for them, but ... ya never know.

Here\'s a rough @ what I had in mind cast removal for shadows.
Note: I didn\'t even try to address the halos ... those would likely be something to contend by not sharpening as much (or even at all) for this kind of image.

Nov 07, 2012 at 02:24 PM
RustyBug

I\'m diggin\' ...

tones
great lines & shapes
reflections

Nov 07, 2012 at 02:12 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11099414 « Two for opinion »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.