Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11096294 « WA ... Opposites »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
WA ... Opposites

Scott, thanks for the vote of confidence.

Took a rudimentary stab at the tire, along with a curves tweak.

As to the tire ... a review of the rules really only addresses the issue as "guidelines" to indicate that the point should remain focused at the photographic effort (albeit clone vs. montage are technically different). I think the tire removal of the tire only allows for the photographic effort to be more clearly revealed, rather than software efforts becoming the main appeal of the image. In that regard, I think I'm okay with it now.

Excerpt:
Guidelines

Montage techniques are allowed but should be functional and kept to a minimum. Your entries for the weekly assignment should highlight your photographic skills, not your software knowledge.

BTW ... diggin' that the WA rules also tell people to come here for feedback.

Nov 06, 2012 at 03:04 PM
RustyBug
WA ... Opposites

As to the tire ... a review of the rules really only addresses the issue as "guidelines" to indicate that the point should remain focused at the photographic effort (albeit clone vs. montage are technically different). I think the tire removal of the tire only allows for the photographic effort to be more clearly revealed, rather than software efforts becoming the main appeal of the image. In that regard, I think I'm okay with it now.

Except:
Guidelines

Montage techniques are allowed but should be functional and kept to a minimum. Your entries for the weekly assignment should highlight your photographic skills, not your software knowledge.

BTW ... diggin' that the WA rules also tell people to come here for feedback.

Nov 06, 2012 at 02:59 PM
RustyBug
Re: WA ... Opposites

Nov 06, 2012 at 02:47 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11096294 « WA ... Opposites »