Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of oldrattler's message #11093388 « King City Dirt Riders »

oldrattler
Upload & Sell: On
Re: King City Dirt Riders

RustyBug wrote:
Thanks Jim,

1D MK II N
Sigma 100-300/4

Mostly shot @ 6.3 aperture priority, ISO 200. I tried a few at ISO 100, but the reduction in shutter speed didn't serve me very well for the proximity I was shooting from. FL was typically in the 100-150 range.

Fiddled with some other combinations, but came back to this one or 5.6 as a compromise @ DOF/compensation aid for any slight misses @ focus. I shot in servo mode, so even if I didn't have a good focus lock, it would still fire (i.e. no misfires).

That, and shooting these guys coming out of a "blind" jump didn't provide for me to get a consistent focal point / tracking motion. You just never knew what speed they were moving at as some would choose to barely leave the ground, while others would fly high.

FYI, these were mostly shot using single frame rate. Only at the end of the day did I try a few 2-3 shot bursts on high. I tend to prefer "sniper" mode than "machine gun", although, I can think of a few "sniper" shots that a second shot would have helped capture a "move" that I didn't anticipate.

Live & learn ... and a good time was had by all.

And some money was raised for a worthy cause.

Thank you for the information... I sold my 1DIIn a while back and have been unable to let the frames rip since... Thank you for your post and response... Jim

Nov 05, 2012 at 02:29 PM

Previous versions of oldrattler's message #11093388 « King City Dirt Riders »