Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of BrianO's message #11092443 « Input needed for Christmas Photo Flash Setup »

BrianO
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Input needed for Christmas Photo Flash Setup

techster82 wrote: ...My main focus right now is making sure I have the right equipment and on a conservative budget.

One man's conservative is another man's avarice; can you state a specific budget?

For this kind of gig you probably want to do like the shoppiong mall Santa Photo stations do: have one generic setup that works well with everybody. For that, a single strobe centered above the camera, with a regular reflector for fairly hard key light, and a fill light to one side of the camera with an umbrella or soft box.

Adjust the power levels of the lights once using a flash meter -- or a gray target and reviews of the camera's histogram -- and then leave them be since your subjects will be wearing different colors of clothes and have different skin/fur tones that could throw off reflected flash metering.

Nov 05, 2012 at 02:34 AM

Previous versions of BrianO's message #11092443 « Input needed for Christmas Photo Flash Setup »