Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Pixel Perfect's message #11085008 « 5d MarkIII worth the extra $1200. »

Pixel Perfect
Upload & Sell: On
Re: 5d MarkIII worth the extra $1200.

As others have said it depends what you want to use you camera to shoot. If you do landscape and macro say, 5D II loses nothing really, but if you want to do some action work, or even weddings, 5D III is a huge step up in AF performance. It's a nicer camera to use in every way, but IQ is basically a wash except at high ISO where the 5D III pulls a lead from around ISO6400.

I wanted to use my FF for more that static or slow moving subjects so jumped on the 5D III, but only because I could get it at a very very good price through work, otherwise I would be still using 5D II and waiting until I could get a SH 5D III for well under $3K.

Nov 02, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Pixel Perfect
Upload & Sell: On
Re: 5d MarkIII worth the extra $1200.

As others have said it depends what you want to use you camera to shoot. If you do landscape and macro say, 5D II loses nothing really, but if you want to do some action work, or even weddings, 5D III is a huge step up in AF performance. It's a nicer camera to use in every way, but IQ is basically a wash except at high ISO where the 5D III pulls a lead from around ISO6400.

I anted to use my FF for more that static or slow moving subjects so jumped on the 5D III, but only because I could get it at a very very good price through work, otherwise I would be still using 5D II and waiting until I could get a SH 5D III for well under $3K.

Nov 01, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Previous versions of Pixel Perfect's message #11085008 « 5d MarkIII worth the extra $1200. »