Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of gdanmitchell's message #11080871 « Zion Canyon color today (10/30/12) »

gdanmitchell
Upload & Sell: On
Zion Canyon color today (10/30/12)

On our way back from more than a week of shooting in various places in Utah, my friends Charlie and Karl and I decided to make a quick run to Zion Canyon this morning. I had heard that color in the canyon was not quite at peak yet, and I would concur. The red maples are very colorful, and there is some color on cottonwoods and box elders and similar... but more to come. But by poking around a bit it was possible to find some good color, especially when it is enhanced by light reflected by nearby sandstone walls. (There is still fine color along the Mount Carmel highway, and in many other areas of southern Utah.)

Along the Virgin River in the Temple of Sinawava area - shot between early morning wind gusts!

Dan

Oct 31, 2012 at 05:26 AM
gdanmitchell
Upload & Sell: On
Zion color today (10/30/12)

On our way back from more than a week of shooting in various places in Utah, my friends Charlie and Karl and I decided to make a quick run to Zion Canyon this morning. I had heard that color in the canyon was not quite at peak yet, and I would concur. The red maples are very colorful, and there is some color on cottonwoods and box elders and similar... but more to come. But by poking around a bit it was possible to find some good color, especially when it is enhanced by light reflected by nearby sandstone walls. (There is still fine color along the Mount Carmel highway, and in many other areas of southern Utah.)

Along the Virgin River in the Temple of Sinawava area - shot between early morning wind gusts!

Dan

Oct 31, 2012 at 04:21 AM

Previous versions of gdanmitchell's message #11080871 « Zion Canyon color today (10/30/12) »