Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of jim allison's message #11056410 « Buy/Sell not moving sales »

jim allison
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Buy/Sell not moving sales

Mr. Monkey is correct. The problem is that most folks here DON\'T realize what their items are actually WORTH. They only know what they WANT. I just sold all my Canon equipment 10 days ago without much difficulty. No, I didn\'t get what I wanted, but I did get what the market
would bear. Camera stores will typically give you about 1/3 to 50% of the WHOLESALE price of hard goods.Filters and bags are worth a few cents on the dollar, with possibly a few exceptions. Compare what you can get here for stuff, to what a store will pay. You will generally get at least 50% to 100% more on theB&S board! Selling on ebay is to costly to be worthy of consideration.Still,there are too many myths floating around this forum as to how certain items hold their value. If you observe prices on this board they have been in steady decline over at least the past year. Even some pros seem to be settling for less expensive gear or holding on to what they\'ve got. The market for so called collectables hardy exists any more and disposable income is down. People are saving rather then spending the dollars they have. All of these things and more, lead to us to the fact, that we are in a buyers market. Price things right and they will sell and be emmotionally attached to your gear when you want to move it.

Oct 20, 2012 at 05:38 PM

Previous versions of jim allison's message #11056410 « Buy/Sell not moving sales »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.