Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11045744 « girl in a railroad tunnel looking for pointers »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: girl in a railroad tunnel looking for pointers

In general ... Bob and Mr. Bean have nailed it (including kudo's @ lighting) ... not to dissuade the effort or the technical aspect of the workmanship. I'll post again at critique of images individually.

But ... your images exemplify why I do not shoot portraits and why being a good portrait photographer is way more about the connectivity with the subject and being able to contend with the myriad of attributes that can be unflattering detractors from a person who doesn't know how to best present themselves in front of a camera.

Her mood comes through loud & clear, as well as the lack of understanding of body positioning, etc. This is where a good portrait photographer leads the pack from those of us who are not well versed in portrait photography.

Again, I applaud the effort and the creative approach. We don't intend to sound harsh, but we believe you would rather have our honest perspective from which to consider relative to your goals ... than be coddled to.

Personally, I think that portrait photographers should be allowed to dispense "mood altering substances" to their subjects.

Oct 16, 2012 at 07:54 PM
RustyBug

In general ... Scott and Mr. Bean have nailed it (including kudo's @ lighting) ... not to dissuade the effort or the technical aspect of the workmanship. I'll post again at critique of images individually.

But ... your images exemplify why I do not shoot portraits and why being a good portrait photographer is way more about the connectivity with the subject and being able to contend with the myriad of attributes that can be unflattering detractors from a person who doesn't know how to best present themselves in front of a camera.

Her mood comes through loud & clear, as well as the lack of understanding of body positioning, etc. This is where a good portrait photographer leads the pack from those of us who are not well versed in portrait photography.

Again, I applaud the effort and the creative approach. We don't intend to sound harsh, but we believe you would rather have our honest perspective from which to consider relative to your goals ... than be coddled to.

Personally, I think that portrait photographers should be allowed to dispense "mood altering substances" to their subjects.

Oct 16, 2012 at 06:22 PM
RustyBug

In general ... Scott and Mr. Bean have nailed it ... not to dissuade the effort or the technical aspect of the workmanship. I'll post again at critique of images individually.

Oct 16, 2012 at 06:19 PM
RustyBug

In general ... Scott and Mr. Bean have nailed it ... not to dissuade the effort or the technical aspect of the workmanship. I'll post again at critique of images individually.

Oct 16, 2012 at 06:18 PM
RustyBug

In general ... Scott has nailed it ... not to dissuade the effort or the technical aspect of the workmanship. I'll post again at critique of images individually.

Oct 16, 2012 at 04:25 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11045744 « girl in a railroad tunnel looking for pointers »