Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of hijazist's message #11043903 « Fitting 496RC2 on a Gitzo 1325 »

hijazist
Upload & Sell: On
Fitting 496RC2 on a Gitzo 1325

This could be a stupid question but this is my first time using a ballhead and I tried to research before asking but couldn't find much information.

I followed the advice of most experienced photographers to save up for a good tripod and I did and finally got the Gitzo 1325 from B&S for a great price and couldn't be happier with everything about it. Now I also got a Manfrotto 496RC2 ballhead since it's affordable and got favorable reviews. The problem is when I install it on the base of the Gitzo the locking knob of the ballhead does not fully rotate cause it's obstructed by the base. The ballhead also looks silly since it's a lot smaller than the tripod's base.

Do I need another part that goes between the head and the base or should I just get a head compatible with the tripod? Do you have suggestions for a ballhead within a similar price range?

I appreciate it

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Previous versions of hijazist's message #11043903 « Fitting 496RC2 on a Gitzo 1325 »